Thursday, May 24, 2012

sometimes a girls just gotta...

I know, I know, I know.


My guilt is almost palpable.... I can feel my kitchen aid's stare, which is surprisingly alarmingly, gripping, and tinted in pistachio green.


It's mad from neglect. I get it, I really do. And as much as I miss it and have big plans for it in the near future- sometimes a girls just has to...


do this...



Thank you Betty Crocker.



The recipe? Well, it's quite simple really. So simple in fact, it's written on the back of the box. Don't get me wrong we did add some walnuts and pour some wine so there is something to be said for additions. But really, somedays you just have to rely on the expertise of a mysterious ageless woman with a wooden spoon. She knows her stuff. Trust her.


In other news I spent the last weekend of sunshine and springtime weather standing in long lines...





To eat some of these...


They were worth it too. Even if I didn't get my gateau basque because the guy right in front of me ordered the last one... I mean, I would have at least offered a bite. Just saying.




Maybe if I had saved a bite for my kitchenaid, I could have softened the blow of the boxed brownie incident. Who knows really, I'll leave the lives of inanimate kitchen appliances for another day and instead make a promise, to my very core, to put it to good use very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment