Thursday, September 29, 2011

Because I have more than enough...

I wasn't kidding.  I am on a roll. A dangerous, plum induced, tart-crazed role. Someone stop me. Or, more appropriately, someone come over with an appetite big enough to consume what is churning out of my oven.  Lots and lots of tarts and spiced cakes that is.  I love tarts. Anything with the word tart in it is bound to be delicious. In fact, tart may very well be my favorite word.  Tart, tart, tart.  I could care less if used as a noun or an adjective, whatever the case, I'm down, I'm into it, I'm all about it.



Seriously.

This latest rustic tart is for my friend Marley. I made it for three reasons really. 1. I have a lot of plums and as I told you I am obsessed with tarts. 2.  I have A LOT of plums, a lot a lot. and probably most importantly 3. I wanted an excuse to go play with Ethel her lovely  dog. If ever there was a dog with a lot of panache...  So that's the reason-- I love Ethel, I love Marley, and I love tarts.  I only feel the need to give my reasoning here because soon you will have enough of my plum inspired desserts and you will wonder how it is and why it is that I continue to share them with you.  In the meantime though.... make this tart. Make it now. Share it. Eat it. Save some for breakfast. Whatever the order, just make it, you won't regret it.  It also happens to take about 10 seconds to prepare.. Just another great thing about tarts.



Rustic Plum Tart
adapted from Pure Dessert 
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tbl. cold cubed butter
1 egg lightly beaten
5 plums of any variety (tarter plums taste better in my opinion)

Combine dry ingredients together using a food processor on pulse mode. Add in butter and egg and pulse to combine.

Mixture will be crumbly and slightly yellow.  Press lightly into greased tart pan (removable botom helpful).


Arrange plums skin side up, pressing them slightly into crust to prevent them from rolling onto their sides during baking. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 375.  Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment