Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shopping lists and cookies...

Over the past few months I have developed quite a little shopping list.  As with all wish lists somethings are inherently more useful, essential even, like the rolling pin I still don't own.  (Don't judge... we've all rolled out pie dough with a wine bottle before). Others, are definitely definitely less essential like the mini tart pans I want and the blow torch I will inevitably buy in a spontaneous fit of desire some day.  And some items on the list fall somewhere in the middle....

Silpats.  According to the website, the original silicone non stick baking mat, turns any surface into a non-stick surface (still according to the website...) Regardless, I now own two of them, and want nothing more than to bake piles upon piles of cookies.



Never mind my need for new baking sheets, I love these things.  Reusable, easy to wash, and if you take care of them they will probably outlast my ability to churn out cookie after cookie.


All I am saying is get ready for cookies. Lots of them. And scones.   These particular cookies, shown above, are a new one in my repertoire, however I am kinda obsessed with the flavor combination so I imagine they'll kick around for a while.
Banana Walnut Chocolate Ginger Chip Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart (sort of) 


1 cup A.P flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana (chunks are ok... in fact prefered)
2 teaspoons vanilla extra
1 cup old fashioned oats
8 oz dark chock chunks
1/2 cup chopped (toasted) walnuts
1/2 cup chopped candied ginger

Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes


In celebration of Silpats. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment