Sunday, January 1, 2012

best foot forward

I know today is the day for a photo montage and celebration of the past 12 months, but I'd rather put my best foot forward. Sure, 2011 has been quite the year, but I feel big things happening for 2012.

Resolutions be dammed- I can't think of a better way to prepare for the coming year than with Pancakes.



I love pancakes. I don't know if it's that I love maple syrup so much, but I use just about any excuse to make pancakes. Blueberry in the summer, cornmeal flapjacks when the mood strikes, choc chip to make you feel like a kid again, banana walnut in the winter, the list goes on.....

However, here's a new one for 2012 and they may just be my second favorite pancakes of all time.




My favorite pancake  of course is any kind somebody else makes. It helps when they make coffee too.



Lemon Olive Oil Pancakes 
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1 1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
zest of one lemon
4 tablespoons good olive oil

Combine dry ingredients, set aside.  Combine wet ingredients and stir into dry mix until smooth.

Top with Applesauce and maple syrup.  Lots of maple syrup- and the real stuff too, you know how I feel about Vermont syrup- so please dont make me cry.  You can make your own applesauce too if you like. I do, it's pretty easy especially if you like it kinda chunky.  Just peel and cook sliced Apples, I prefer granny smith, add some apple cider (or bourbon) and spices to your liking.  Let cool and store or spoon it directly on top of your pancakes.

Cheers to a great 2012 everyone...


No comments:

Post a Comment